Job Title: School Administrative Assistant
Location: Manor Park Primary School
Salary: 35 hours per week, term time only 38 weeks per year. A job share/flexible working would be considered for the right candidate. Starting salary SCP 3 £22,737 rising to £23,114 pro rata with opportunities to advance through the pay scales as more responsibility is taken on. Actual starting salary £18,002.
About Us: Manor Park is part of Cheshire Academies Trust which includes Bexton Primary School and Primary Schools based in Cheshire and The Wirral. Manor Park is a dynamic and forward thinking school committed to providing students with a high-quality education. We are seeking to appoint a committed, organised and conscientious Administration Assistant, to work in a busy yet exciting role within a wonderful primary school. The successful candidate will have an outgoing personality, ability to work well within a team, keen eye for detail, take direction as well as use own initiative and be highly capable of working to deadlines. You must be approachable and welcoming as the successful candidate will be based on the front desk; well-motivated, have good organisational and strong administrative and communication skills. Experience of working within a school office is desirable but not essential as full training will be given. This is an opportunity to launch a fulfilling career in Educational Administration or opening into School Business Management, Attendance and Safeguarding Officer or School Admissions roles once established with support and development to complete further CPD.
Job Summary: As our School Admin Assistant, you will play a crucial role in the efficient operation of our school. You will provide essential administrative support to the school's staff, students, and parents. This role is ideal for someone who is organised, detail-oriented, and eager to contribute to the local community.
- Front Desk Management: Greet and assist visitors, parents, and students, ensuring a welcoming and professional atmosphere.
- Communication: Manage school correspondence, emails, and phone calls, responding to inquiries and directing messages to the appropriate staff members.
- Student Records: Maintain and update student records, including attendance, health information, and other important documents. Monitor registers using SIMS.
- Calendar Management: Assist with scheduling appointments, meetings, and events for school staff.
- Supplies and Inventory: Assist with managing school supplies and asset register.
- Data Entry: Accurate data entry and record-keeping for various administrative tasks.
- Assist with Events: Support in the planning and execution of school trips and activities.
- Admissions Support: Assist with the admissions process, including application processing and communication with prospective students and parents. Produce contracts for Nursery children and ensure all paperwork for funding is completed and returned via the portal.
- Be friendly and enthusiastic
- Be patient, tolerant and resilient
- Be well organised and creative
- Be committed to delivering a high standard of work
- Have children and family’s needs at the heart of their practice
- Demonstrate the ability to develop good relationships with pupils, parents, carers and colleagues and be able to work as part of a team
- Contribute to the ethos and values of our school
- Have a great sense of humour
- Display good communication skills
In return, we can offer you-
- A happy and vibrant working environment
- The most wonderful children to work with and support.
- The opportunity to really make a different in children’s lives and futures
- Supportive colleagues
- Support and encouragement to complete further CPD.
- Competitive salary and pension scheme
Visits to the School are warmly welcomed, please contact the school office on 01625 568837 to make an appointment. Manor Park Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students and expects all staff to share this commitment. Successful candidates are subject to an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Application forms are provided alongside this advert or you can contact school directly for a copy –– firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date Monday 27th November 2023
Interviews Friday 1st December 2023