SEND and Local Offer
Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
At Manor Park Primary School, we aim to offer excellent provision to all our children, regardless of their ability or level of need. The school provides for children with a wide range of abilities/and or difficulties.
We have high expectations of our children and we aim for all children with Special Educational Needs and /or disabilities to reach their full potential through the removal of barriers to their learning. We want all our children to feel that they are a valued part of our school community.
Our SENDCo (Mrs Jeffery) oversees the provision for children with Special Educational needs within the school to ensure that individual needs are catered for.
These are the aims in our policy (for more details regarding procedures please see SEND policy):
- Build upon the strengths and achievements of the child
- Create an environment in which all individuals are valued, have respect for one another and grow in self-esteem.
- Give equal access to all aspects of school life through academic, social and practical experiences. This will allow all children to experience success regardless of SEN, disability or any other factor that may affect their attainment. This is in so far as it is reasonably practical and compatible with the child receiving their special educational provision and the effective education of their fellow pupils.
- Ensure that effective channels of communication are sustained so that all persons including parents and carers are aware of the pupil’s progress and Special Educational Provision made for them.
- To identify any pupil’s SEN as early as possible in order to put in place appropriate interventions and resources
- Work towards developing expertise in using inclusive teaching and learning strategies
- To correspond to all SEN requirements and provisions contained in the SEND Code of Practice 2014
- To access and utilise all available resources, training opportunities and funding in order to provide up to date and appropriate resources.
The school works closely with parents and carers to support children with Special Educational Needs and/or disabilities; we encourage an active partnership. Parents and carers are welcome to meet with the SENDCo or SEN governor, whenever required.
Please feel free to contact our SENDCo Mrs Jeffery if you require any more information.
She can be contacted via our school phone number: 01625 568837 or via our school email address firstname.lastname@example.org
Click on the link to find out more about the Cheshire East Local offer
Use the link below to find out more about Cheshire East's Toolkit, and how the different needs of children may be met.